Foot Pedal

Kieran Grogan

Jul 10, 2021, 6:43:01 AM7/10/21
to opens...@googlegroups.com
Good morning. Thank you so much for this App, it is tremendous.
Being a bit of a technophobe, I can’t seem to work out the following.
I’m using a Donner foot pedal and cannot figure out how to format the songs on my android tablet in such a way that I split the song into many good size pages and be able to use the pedal to go forward and back only rather that having to use the pedal to move down through the song and then move onto the next one from there.
Basically I want a good size visual on maybe the first verse and chorus and then use the foot pedal to go forward and back.
I hope this makes some sense. As I say tablets and toggles and tech are not my thing 😃
Many thanks
Kieran

Sent from my iPhone

Gareth Evans

Jul 10, 2021, 7:51:10 AM7/10/21
to Kieran Grogan, OpenSongApp
Hi Kieran,

Have you tried the app on Stage Mode? This splits the songs into sections (if you've used correct heading tags) and zooms each section independently so it uses maximum font size to fit the width/height of the screen while still showing a small bit of the next section at the bottom so you know what is coming.  The pedal set to scroll mode will move through each section forward or backward  I've attached screenshots to show what I mean.

If you really do want different pages, however, you have 2 options: splitting the song into multiple songs (to act like pages) or a pdf document.

If you want multiple songs as separate pages, just duplicate the current song (long press in the song menu and select duplicate).  Name it with a page at the end like "song 1", "song 2", etc. (also means the pages will stay in the correct order alphabetically in your song list).  Do this for as many pages as you want.
Then open each page version (keep the original complete version of the song without page numbers just in case) and edit them (double tap screen for shortcut gesture) and delete the bits you don't want on each page.
If you do this method, I'd set the autoscale to full so each page fits on the screen.
For the pdf method, you can use the desktop app, or other software to create a multiple pages pdf and copy this into your Songs folder.

Hope that helps?

Gareth

Screenshot_20210710-124948_OpenSongApp.jpg
Screenshot_20210710-124927_OpenSongApp.jpg