Highlighter Shift in Set view

Alistair Baty

Jun 5, 2021, 1:28:45 AM6/5/21
to OpenSongApp
I have been using highlighter to create VERY useful notes on chord charts.

Usually I create the Notes on the Song by itself. I just noticed that if you then have the Song as part of the Set, the Notes are shifted out of alignment. I think it had to do with how the layout treats the extra SPACE required to show the next Song in the Set.

Let me know if you need any more info

Gareth Evans

Jun 9, 2021, 3:54:07 AM6/9/21
to Alistair Baty, OpenSongApp
Hi Alistair,

You're spot on with the reasoning!  I must admit I hadn't really thought about that issue.
I'm concurrently reworking the app to be a nicer Material themed, and hopefully more intuitive UI.  This will have many redesigned elements and the one I was looking at was how to display the 'extra information' like the 'Next in set" text.  I think I will be adding this as an overlay in this version, so this won't affect the size of the highlighter/song display.  I think I'm not going to try to fix this in the current version though if you're ok with that?  You can temporarily work round this by creating the highlighter notes once the song is displayed in a set (so the bottom info space is already there).  However, that will mess up the alignment if the song isn't in a set.  Alternatively switch off the display next in set (although I must admit I find that info very useful!).

Best wishes, good to hear from you and thanks for alerting me to this!

Gareth