[beta 9] Transposing chords crashes OpensongApp

Andy Hon

Mar 4, 2023, 10:17:33 PM3/4/23
to OpenSongApp
When I try to transpose chords, OpenSongApp crashes.
I attached a video of the bug.
video_2023-03-05_12-17-01.mp4

Gareth Evans

Mar 5, 2023, 6:11:30 AM3/5/23
to OpenSongApp
Thanks for sending the video.
I can't seem to replicate this issue on my devices.  Does this happen with all songs, or just this one?  If it only happens with this one, could you send me a copy of the song to test.
Could you also try setting a key for the song first (by editing the song).  Also can you change the detected/desired chord format (in the transpose window) to one that includes the 'H' chord format.  Let me know if any of these help.  I've not seen the crash log appear on the Google Play developer console yet.

Andy Hon

Mar 5, 2023, 8:07:54 AM3/5/23
to OpenSongApp
I've tried on five random songs from our base. All of them crash when trying to transpose. I attached three songs as examples.
I tried set a key to the song first. Also tried Euro chord format (with H).
Nothing of those helped, app keeps crashing. This issue was absent in beta 5 (I tried to transpose in beta 5).
Иисус мой, Спаситель, славы достоин лишь Ты (Громко для Бога воспой вся Земля) 68
Все совершил Он, нам дал победу (Иисус Господь!) 145
В поднебесье войну ведем (Слово Живого Бога в наших устах) 148

Gareth Evans

Mar 8, 2023, 4:14:33 PM3/8/23
to Andy Hon, OpenSongApp
Thanks Andy,

I'm struggling to find the cause of this and it has nothing to do with your songs.  I've put some 'crash capture' steps into the transpose button.  This will be in beta 10 (in addition to your recent request).

When it is live can you test the transpose feature again.  Firstly though, look for the OpenSong/Settings/fileActivity.txt file on your device, and delete it.  This is a file the app uses to keep a record of some of its important activities to help with troubleshooting (normally errors creating or reading song files).  Start the app and try the transpose feature.  Hopefully it doesn't crash but will write any issues it finds to the newly created fileActivity.txt which you can email to me.

I'm hoping to have beta 10 ready tomorrow.

Gareth

--
When responding to a post on the forum using your email, please make sure to click on the 'Reply all' button so that your response is also sent to the forum for other people to see the full conversation.
---