Sign in and printing

dan rhodes

Nov 20, 2021, 4:41:25 PM11/20/21
to OpenSongApp
I have been using Opensong for 2-3 years and have liked it, up to now.
1. I can't sign in ( Invalid username or password ) with the password and username I have used in the past.  I cannot generate a new account as I don't have a Twitter account and do not wish to obtain one.

2. Is there any way to print songs without the chords?  I have even tried to use 'Songsheet Generator' but that is way to complicated and confusing to use.  I have uninstalled it.

So can you help?  I will continue to use Opensong even if you can't help with these issues because I like to format and the options to change key.  But I really would like to brag it up.

Thanks,

Gareth Evans

Nov 21, 2021, 11:53:23 AM11/21/21
to dan rhodes, OpenSongApp
Hi Dan,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'sign in'.  The app does not require you to sign in to anything to use its features.

I've edited the coffee to slow printing pdf without chords if you have them switched off on the song display.  This will be in the next update.

Gareth

--
When responding to a post on the forum using your email, please make sure to click on the 'Reply all' button so that your response is also sent to the forum for other people to see the full conversation.
---

Mike & Alison Elliott

Nov 21, 2021, 12:50:14 PM11/21/21
to Gareth Evans, dan rhodes, OpenSongApp
I think he's talking about OpenSong (  OpenSong ) rather than OpenSongApp (  OpenSongApp ). The latter is maintained by Gareth. The former has nothing to do with him.

Mike

dan rhodes

Nov 21, 2021, 3:49:55 PM11/21/21
to Mike & Alison Elliott, Gareth Evans, OpenSongApp
My bad.  I did, indeed, mean OpenSong for Windows 10.  Sorry for the confusion.  The Windows app asks to sing in (or sign up) using Twitter.  As mentioned, I do not, nor do I wish, to have a Twitter account, making sign up impossible.

However, I am quite content to work within OpenSongApp, if there is a way to print exported songs without chords as in a music booklet for the men in my bible study group. Either way, it is impossible at present.

Thank you all for looking into this for me.

Dan
--
Dan Rhodes

dan rhodes

Nov 27, 2021, 1:09:45 PM11/27/21
to Gareth Evans, OpenSongApp
Thank you, Gareth. This update won't be in time for my current project, but that's okay. I have found a work-around using the Opensong App for Windows 10.  It's a tad bit long winded, but once I have exported from there to html, then copy to Windows Word, I can edit out the chords for printing to my team.

It will be much better to do all the printing from your app for android. Don't know about Mac as I use android exclusively on my tablet.

Thanks again for looking into this. Cheers.

Dan Rhodes