Next song not displayed consistently at bottom of current song

John Estlea

Apr 16, 2021, 6:08:35 PM4/16/21
to opens...@googlegroups.com
I have this option selected, but it currently only displays the next song on about 2 of the many songs I have loaded. They are all PDFs so I'm really puzzled as to why it does show it for a few but not for the rest. Any ideas?
Have tried toggling setting on and off, swapping it to display at top not bottom of page, but it makes no difference.
A great idea, but just doesn't seem to work consistently on my Lenovo tablet.

Sarah Dab

Aug 18, 2021, 12:29:43 PM8/18/21
to OpenSongApp
Hello John,

You may have moved on...

I had something similar.  PDFs are not what opensongapp is best at - all the features work best for opensong format songs.  Having said that - change to 'Presentation mode.  You can now edit the song details (which is not available in other modes) associated with the PDF - no point in editing the lyrics as they are not shown.   You can set song name, key, tempo, midi info etc which will help Pads, Metronome etc. to work for a PDF.  If this solves your problem please let the group know.

Sarah

Sarah Dab

Aug 19, 2021, 6:47:46 AM8/19/21
to OpenSongApp
Whoops.  Songs imported as PDF or image do not (yet Gareth?) support display of next song.  I quickly moved from PDF to using opensong format as PDF is so inflexible. Opensong format songs is what opensongapp does best :-)

Gareth Evans

Aug 19, 2021, 2:59:11 PM8/19/21
to Sarah Dab, OpenSongApp
Hi Sarah,
Thanks for your replies!!  The updated version of the app should work better with PDFs, but you're right, OpenSong files are what the app is designed for!
The stuff you mentioned about editing in presentation mode wasn't intentional, it should've been available in all modes, but I've obviously done something wrong - oops.  I'm unlikely to fix it in this version as it would require a lot of code changes, so you'll all need to wait for V6....

--
When responding to a post on the forum using your email, please make sure to click on the 'Reply all' button so that your response is also sent to the forum for other people to see the full conversation.
---