The Pause Button

Stanley Gill

Mar 21, 2023, 11:53:09 PM3/21/23
to opens...@googlegroups.com
Gareth,
I am new to the beta program, having used the many alpha versions for several years. I know you are nearly finished with the latest beta test, but I have a request. Is there any way you can add the pause button to the actions which can be sent from one Android tablet to another through the Connect Devices feature?Right now all I see connected are the page turn and the scroll start/stop. As a band leader, I would love to be able to pause the scroll for the whole band whenever a soloist decides to take one more trip through the progression before giving it back to the vocalists for the next verse. If I simply stop the scroll at that point, it will revert back to the start when we continue. If I hit the pause, only the host screen pauses.
It’s a minor issue, but it comes up more often than you might think, especially with talented soloists.
Or (and)… perhaps the page up/down buttons could be connected.
I occasionally also use the faster/slower buttons if we happen to get ahead or behind the scroll.
See how I turned one simple request into four? I’m sorry. But if we could just all pause together, that would be great.
Thanks for allowing me to test your new version. I haven’t tried it with the whole band yet. It’s just loaded on one of my client tablets, and seems to work nicely with the alpha version on my host tablet in at-home trials so far.
Stan

Sent from my iPhone

Gareth Evans

Mar 22, 2023, 5:53:05 PM3/22/23
to OpenSongApp
I'm having a go at implementing all of the above for beta 11...