OpenSong for laptop

Merja Liukkonen

Mar 4, 2023, 5:10:18 PM3/4/23
to OpenSongApp
Hi,

Yes I use OpenSong with my Android tablet and mobilephone. But I also wanted to
install OpenSong to my laptop. And I didnt find suitable version from the Website.
I Installed version 4_1_8 and 5_6_0. Always an error occured. This is the message:

NilObjectException:
OpenSong v3.4.8 (1457).1457  Build date: 2021-06-01 17:08:57 Windows

Stacktrace:
BibleFactory.BuildKnownBibles
BibleFactory.AddSearchFolder%%o<FolderItem>
App.Event_Open%%o<App>
Application._CallFunctionWithExceptionHandling%%o<Application>p
REALbasic._RunFrameworkInitialization%%p
_Main

Please is there somewhere a version to windos 8.1. or to Win10?

Thank you, Blessings, Merja Liukkonen

Gareth Evans

Mar 5, 2023, 5:59:37 AM3/5/23
to OpenSongApp
Hi Merja,

OpenSong for desktop is a different application by different developers.  You can download from:

It does look to me from that code you are downloading and trying to run the correct version, but I think the issue is you are trying to install to a location on your device where you do not have full write permissions.  I found this on the OpenSong forums:

It suggests that the OpenSong/Scripture folder either doesn't exist, or the application can read/write to it.  You could try manually creating the folder and trying again.

Merja Liukkonen

Mar 5, 2023, 9:35:04 AM3/5/23
to OpenSongApp
HI!

Thank you very much for your kindness to answer my question. I assume this was the same application, so different thou.
Now Iam more than glad as it was a hugh relief it was a different program, cose now I can focus to your application, the other was only
to show songs to churchers, not as I am using, perfomanse mode.
And it is a good one for my purpose. And I can start to think how we can show songs to our church via this program? Can we. And
can I do it by myself or my friends, which we are singing with.

Thank you! Belssings, Merja Liukkonen

Gareth Evans

Mar 8, 2023, 4:28:18 PM3/8/23
to OpenSongApp
You can cast your songs to a Chromecast or wireless display (e.g. smartTV).  You are better using Stage Mode if you are performing and controlling what others see.  You can also connect multiple devices running OpenSongApp (using the Connect devices/Nearby feature).

Gareth Evans

Mar 8, 2023, 4:31:51 PM3/8/23
to OpenSongApp
You can see v5 running with multiple devices with one user running Presenter mode while controlling other devices in Performance mode and casting at the same time here: