Verify Ownership of your Gadget

arafat

Dec 20, 2008, 4:55:03 AM12/20/08
to Orkut Developer Forum
m havng problem in verifying my gadget key..... i put the gadget key
data in <content> tag before CDATA section .... but when i verify
it .. it says

We were unable to verify that you are an owner of the gadget located
at: http://www.onyomo.com/orkut/orkutApp.xml

The verification token was not found in any <Content> tag in the
specified gadget. Start Over

plz.... help me out

thnx.

Vijaya

Dec 22, 2008, 12:52:48 AM12/22/08
to Orkut Developer Forum
You'll have to place the key WITHIN the CDATA section as shown in the
following sample gadget:
http://opensocial-resources.googlecode.com/svn/samples/rest_rpc/sample.xml

arafat

Dec 22, 2008, 8:49:12 AM12/22/08
to Orkut Developer Forum

we are still unable to get it verified... it shows the same msg...
i.e.
We were unable to verify that you are an owner of the gadget located
at: http://www.onyomo.com/orkut/orkutApp.xml

The verification token was not found in any <Content> tag in the
specified gadget. Start Over

this time i put it inside the CDATA section....

thanQ

On Dec 21, 9:52 pm, Vijaya <api.vij...@google.com> wrote:
> You'll have to place the key WITHIN the CDATA section as shown in the
> following sample gadget:http://opensocial-resources.googlecode.com/svn/samples/rest_rpc/sampl...

Vijaya

Dec 23, 2008, 3:00:01 AM12/23/08
to Orkut Developer Forum
Please ensure that you've followed the following steps:
- INSTALL the app on your profile
- Enter the complete URL to the app xml in the form :
https://www.google.com/gadgets/directory/verify
- Copy the entire token into the CDATA section of the <Content> tag in
you app xml and save it in place.
- Verify that the changes to the app xml are reflected (by loading the
xml using the URL).
- Click on the 'Verify' button in the verification window
(https://www.google.com/gadgets/directory/verify)

Please let me know if you're still having the issue.

Marlon

Jan 8, 2009, 12:31:37 PM1/8/09
to Orkut Developer Forum
I'm having the same problem.

1. I create a simple gadget and put up at http://my.host.server/sample.xml

2. I verify the URL is accessible from another machine.

3. I add the app's URL to my Orkut sandbox account.

4. I go to the verification page, get the token, copy it into my
gadget's CDATA, save, and download the gadget to verify it has been
updated.

5. I then click the "verify" button, but I always get the message that
the verification failed.

I've tried several times with no luck.

Thanks for any help--

Marlon

Vijaya

Jan 13, 2009, 1:13:26 AM1/13/09
to Orkut Developer Forum
Is the app's url literally: http://my.host.server/sample.xml ?
When I click on the link, I get an error saying that the server cannot
be found.