App disapeared from Orkut profile in sandbox

O View

Mar 9, 2010, 1:28:11 PM3/9/10
to Orkut Developer Forum
Hello.

While testing for months my app in the sandbox, suddenly I received a
message saying the page I was looking for didn´t exist for Orkut.
Checking further, I saw the app had gone from the profile, as well as
from other profiles that tested it.
I can acess the gadget xml directly from the app URL I provide when
adding a new app in Orkut, however, when trying to add it again to the
profile, I get an ´Error getting information about the app´ .
So , in which circumstances would an app disappear away from a profile
and, how can this be corrected ?

Thanks in advance,

Fábio

DC

Mar 9, 2010, 4:01:30 PM3/9/10
to Orkut Developer Forum
The same exact thing has happened to me, actually to all of my
applications that were in my sandbox account. The only applications
showing are the ones I added with my regular orkut account. Also, it
looks like there's a new "Caja" feature for orkut now. Maybe it has
something to do with this new Caja thing???

βπµŋØ Cesar

Mar 9, 2010, 4:45:51 PM3/9/10
to Orkut Developer Forum
I have this problem too!

Bruno Cesar

Mar 9, 2010, 4:40:50 PM3/9/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, this occurred with me too...
I don't know...
Anybody know what is this?

Atenciosamente,
Bruno César
Web Developer
Marisco - Desenvolvimento Web
www.mariscoweb.com.br
www.twiterrecife.com.br
(81) 8805-4851 ou (81) 4009-7765

aj

Mar 9, 2010, 5:38:48 PM3/9/10
to Orkut Developer Forum
Hello,

I am running into the exact same problem. Have you found any
workarounds for this problem?

Thanks,
Ajay

Prashant (Google)

Mar 9, 2010, 11:56:29 PM3/9/10
to Orkut Developer Forum
Hi Everyone,

We are indeed facing some known issues as part of a recent push to
sandbox; not yet sure if this particular issue is related to it as
well, but it probably is. The fix may take up to 12 hours, so please
hold on for a while.

Thanks,
Prashant.

O View

Mar 10, 2010, 8:01:53 AM3/10/10
to Orkut Developer Forum
Hi Prashant,

I don´t know if at this time your team has already addressed these
issues, but as a feedback, while trying to add again my app, I
received the following message ('This gadget cannot be dispalyed
because of users age or safety settings ').
Supposing the support to ´caja´ has something to do with it, as Caja
addresses security checking for the gadget, I was wondering if this
check wouldn´t being done even if I don´t specify ´caja´ as
required...
Thanks,

Fábio

Prashant (Google)

Mar 10, 2010, 8:41:33 AM3/10/10
to Orkut Developer Forum
Hi Fábio,

Yes, your observation is correct. We have added some more safety
restrictions to the sandbox (the details of which I'll announce in a
separate mail). But for now, please try changing the safety filter
settings in settings->general to "show all content."

This doesn't have anything to do with Caja. Caja will be effective
only when you include it as required feature in your gadget.

O View

Mar 10, 2010, 9:33:37 AM3/10/10
to Orkut Developer Forum
Hello Prashant.

It worked, thanks.

Will you post these safety restrictions on the orkut-developers blog ?

Thank you for your assistance... ;-)

Best regards,

Fábio

Bruno M. V. Souza

Mar 31, 2010, 3:41:49 PM3/31/10
to Orkut Developer Forum
Hi Prashant,

These restrictions have been added in production server too?
Million of users of Studio Sol´s Apps are receiving the message "This

gadget cannot be dispalyed because of users age or safety settings"

over production!

It is impossible and impractical to ask everyone to change their
safety filter.

Since this is not related with Caja, what we can do to solve this
issue?

Thanks in advance,
Bruno M V Souza

On 10 mar, 10:41, "Prashant (Google)" <p...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Fábio,
>
> Yes, your observation is correct. We have added some moresafety
> restrictions to the sandbox (the details of which I'll announce in a

> separate mail). But for now, please try changing thesafetyfiltersettingsinsettings->general to "show all content."

> This doesn't have anything to do with Caja. Caja will be effective
> only when you include it as required feature in yourgadget.
>
> On Mar 10, 6:01 pm, O View <ovw.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Prashant,
>
> > I don´t know if at this time your team has already addressed these
> > issues, but as a feedback, while trying to add again my app, I
> > received the following message ('Thisgadgetcannotbedispalyed

> >becauseofusersageorsafetysettings').

> > Supposing the support to ´caja´ has something to do with it, as Caja

> > addresses security checking for thegadget, I was wondering if this

DevenH

Oct 18, 2010, 12:08:12 PM10/18/10
to Bruno M. V. Souza, opensoci...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting this same problem right now. I tried changing "settings"-
>"show all content" to be true, but I still do not see the app show up
in my list of apps under my profile picture.

also, when i try to "add a new app" directly using the url for my app,
I am taken to the directory app info page for my app and it says
"You've already added this app". when i try to click the "view
application" the app info page simply refreshes. I'm in some kind of
infinite loop and I cannot get to my app.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

On Mar 31, 2:41 pm, "Bruno M. V. Souza" <241...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Prashant,
>
> These restrictions have been added in production server too?

> Million ofusersof Studio Sol´s Apps are receiving the message "Thisgadgetcannot be dispalyedbecauseofusersageorsafetysettings"

Prashant Tiwari (Google)

Oct 19, 2010, 9:27:27 AM10/19/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Deven,

I can see that there's a problem, however it doesn't look similar to
the issue with safety settings earlier: it probably just means that
the application directory is not getting updated with the latest
addition, or there's an error fetching that updated list of apps. I'll
have our engineering folks look into this before commenting further.

-Prashant

On Oct 18, 9:08 pm, DevenH <dev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting this same problem right now. I tried changing "settings"->"show all content" to be true, but I still do not see theappshow up
>
> in my list of apps under myprofilepicture.
>
> also, when i try to "add a newapp" directly using the url for myapp,
> I am taken to the directoryappinfo page for myappand it says
> "You've already added thisapp". when i try to click the "view
> application" theappinfo page simply refreshes. I'm in some kind of
> infinite loop and I cannot get to myapp.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Mar 31, 2:41 pm, "Bruno M. V. Souza" <241...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi Prashant,
>
> > These restrictions have been added in production server too?
> > Million ofusersof Studio Sol´s Apps are receiving the message "Thisgadgetcannot be dispalyedbecauseofusersageorsafetysettings"
> > over production!
>
> > It is impossible and impractical to ask everyone to change theirsafetyfilter.
>
> > Since this is not related with Caja, what we can do to solve this
> > issue?
>
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Bruno M V Souza
>
> > On 10 mar, 10:41, "Prashant (Google)" <p...@google.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi Fábio,
>
> > > Yes, your observation is correct. We have added some moresafety
> > > restrictions to the sandbox (the details of which I'll announce in a
> > > separate mail). But for now, please try changing thesafetyfiltersettingsinsettings->general to "show all content."
>
> > > This doesn't have anything to do with Caja. Caja will be effective
> > > only when you include it as required feature in yourgadget.

Tiago Silveira (Google)

Oct 20, 2010, 8:47:48 AM10/20/10
to orkut Developer Forum
This should be fixed now. Are you still seeing the issue?

On Oct 19, 11:27 am, "Prashant Tiwari (Google)" <p...@google.com>

Deven Hariyani

Oct 20, 2010, 4:23:48 PM10/20/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com, t...@google.com, p...@google.com, Deven Hariyani
Hello Tiago / Prashant,

I'm still experiencing this error. I don't see my app showing up in the left hand navigation and when I try to re-add the app I am stuck in an infinite loop that keeps me stuck on the app directory page. Here's the url for my app:

Thanks,
Deven

DevenH

Nov 5, 2010, 3:48:03 PM11/5/10
to orkut Developer Forum
FYI for the folks following this thread...

I can access my applications by going to:

http://prod.sandbox.orkut.com

my apps are in the left hand pane as before. thanks.
> > opensocial-ork...@googlegroups.com<opensocial-orkut%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

René Tapia

Nov 6, 2010, 7:02:18 PM11/6/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I am having the same issue.

prod.sandbox.orkut.com/Main#Application?appId=1089382740188:
1) app does not show in left navigation
2)
with safety filter=show all content, trying to access the app, I get redirected to app info page
3) with
safety filter= , I get "This gadget cannot be dispalyed* because of users age or safety settings"
*by the way, there is a small typo in the error message above (dispalyed should read displayed)

sandbox.orkut.com/Main#Application?appId=1089382740188:
1) trying to access the app, I get "warning - potential vulnerability in this app > MaxiAmigos", after clicking on the warning message, I can access the app
2) after accessing the app, app shows in left navigation

This is just my testing app, and fortunately I can still access it in sandbox.orkut.com, so I can keep on testing/developing my app.

This looks like a previous issue, where my app was identified as a false positive, due to the text "Ages 18+" in my app description.

It would be great though, if you could unblock my app when you have some time, so I can access it on prod.sandbox.orkut.com as well.

Thanks and best regards,
René