App Reviewer issue. Want to send a complaint to Google

anatoly

Jun 12, 2012, 6:53:11 AM6/12/12
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys

I'd like to send a complaint to Google's main office about the fact that Orkut team obviously mishandles the App reviewer issue.

App Reviewer on Orkut is "under maintenance" for more than 3 months. There is no ETA.
It is impossible to submit new apps. There are no new features on the platform introduced during a long period of time.

See previous discussion on App Reviewer here:

I want to submit a detailed complaint about this issue to the main Google office to managers and/or developer advocates
who superwise Orkut team. If you have contacts or quick channel please post below or send me a direct reply.

your help is much appreciated.
thanks

Bruno Oliveira (Google)

Jun 18, 2012, 11:50:25 AM6/18/12
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Sorry, but I have no news to give you on AppReviewer. We don't have anything else to share at the moment.
Could you please write your complaint and post it to this thread? I will forward it to the appropriate recipients.

Thank you!

-
Bruno Oliveira (Google)

anatoly

Jun 18, 2012, 2:44:08 PM6/18/12
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruno

thanks for the response.

to whom it may concern:
I'm a developer on Google platforms including OpenSocial on web and Android on mobile for since 2008. My question is about the future of Orkut.
I was looking for a developer advocate responsible for Orkut but most advocates are responsible for Android and Orkut is obviously out of focus at Google and is the lowest priority project at Google right now.

This is sad since there are still many users on Orkut despite it's popularity localized to Brazil only. Orkut platform has a robust infrastructure.
Since I'm a developer on Orkut as well I don't want to see it's going down like Myspace, Friendster and others. It's a developer's best interest to have apps on as many platforms as possible.

Orkut team obviously mishandles the App reviewer issue.
App Reviewer  on Orkut is "semi-automatic". App Reviewer on Orkut is "under maintenance" for more than 3 months.
There is no ETA. It is impossible to submit new apps. Generally I didn't notice new platform features launched during a very
long period of time.

See previous discussion on App Reviewer here (Orkut dev official google group):

This is not fair for Orkut community and for developers on Orkut.
What can be done about this situation? If there are more top priority projects at Google now like Android there is no reason to abandon Orkut.
We're looking to acquire and maintain new users. One of the ways to achieve this goal is to launch new apps.

Bruno Oliveira (Google)

Jun 27, 2012, 2:37:51 AM6/27/12
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for writing it. I've forwarded your complaint to our managers.

-
Bruno Oliveira (Google)

anatoly

Jul 23, 2012, 2:46:54 PM7/23/12
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
thanks
any news about it?

anatoly

Jul 27, 2012, 10:47:13 PM7/27/12
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
actually my app was approved 3 weeks ago but I was not aware of it since I've never got any notification.

thanks anyway

Bruno Oliveira (Google)

Jul 30, 2012, 2:31:44 PM7/30/12
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Hi anatoly,

We've recently changed the app submission process on Orkut and now apps are hopefully being reviewed and approved more quickly. Thank you very much for your complaint, candid input from developers like you really helps us a lot!

-
Bruno Oliveira (Google)

anatoly

Jul 30, 2012, 2:40:22 PM7/30/12
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruno

My app got approved around July 4
but I was not aware of it until last week since I didn't get any notification.

I think that  I've even mistakenly submitted a Google doc application per new guidelines - I hope it will be dismissed since the app was actually online 3 weeks before the new submission process was introduced.

thanks for your help