Compatability of OpenSocial jquery and other jquery plugin

Uince81

Feb 15, 2011, 5:20:31 AM2/15/11
to OpenSocial jQuery Discussion
Hi Everyone,
I'm using Open Social jQuery in a complex application for iGoogle.
And I found out that is compatible with the jQuery Form plugin!
FANTASTIC!!!

In my application I'm using jQuery Form plugin (http://
jquery.malsup.com/form/), this plugin requires jQuery to work, but if
I change the jQuery library with
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://
d2hv4ldeur9lfv.cloudfront.net/opensocial-jquery-1.3.2.5.min.js"></
script>
than jQuery Form plugins works in opensocial!!

Now I need to use the jQgrid plugin for jQuery (http://www.trirand.com/
blog/) and I was hoping I could do the same but unfortunately it
doesn't work.

I think what OpenSocial jQuery does is to replace the standar jQuery
code for ajax call with code that uses OpenSocial library function.
But with jQgrid there must be some incopatability between the jQgrid
call and the OpenSocial jQuery ajax function.

This is a professional application and OpenSocial jQuery has done
miracles for us so any help would be very appreciated!

Michele

なかじまん

Feb 15, 2011, 9:25:00 PM2/15/11
to OpenSocial jQuery Discussion
Hi Michele,

I tried jqGrid with OpenSocial jQuery.
I ported a demo of trirand.com to OpenSocial Gadget.

jqGrid Demos > Laoding Data > JSON Data
http://trirand.com/blog/jqgrid/jqgrid.html

I succeeded. The result is as follows.

Capture of iGoogle: