CISCO JOB: Software Engineer – Web 2.0 Application Portal Front End

brentj...@gmail.com

May 5, 2011, 2:04:13 PM5/5/11
to OpenSocial Community
Hello! I am a recruiter at CISCO. I just got off the phone with my
hiring manager. He would love to hire someone with OpenSocial
development experience. Please send me an updated resume if you are
interested.

Regards,
Brent

Brent Rogers
brer...@cisco.com

Software Engineer – Web 2.0 Application Portal Front End

Location - Milpitas, CA (must be located in Bay Area)

Job Description
Play a key role on the Enterprise Collaboration Platform (ECP) Cisco
Quad team, as a Software Engineer on the next generation Web 2.0 Web
Application Portal Front End, working in a startup like fast pace high
growth and visibility environment developing Cisco Enterprise Social
Networking Software/Solution, as a key part of Cisco’s Top 5 priority
Collaboration initiative, with a compelling User Experience (UE), high
scalability, performance, openness/extensibility and quality.

This position requires extensive collaboration with multiple Cisco
Technology Groups (e.g. Video, Unified Communication, WebEx, Policy,
Cisco IT etc) and working cross functionally on Agile Scrum Teams with
PM, PMO, UE, DE, QA, etc.

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Strong Technical Skills, excellent team player, excellent verbal and
written communications skills, customer and quality focused
experience, able to drive solution from product requirements, self
motivated, ability to meet or beat the schedule with good track
records.

REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:

•8+ years of strong Java/J2EE experience in implementing high-
throughput client/server development experience.
•Technical leadership & management experience/potential.
•Expert level understanding in HTML5, Javascript, AJAX, CSS, JSON and
HTML/DOM
•Experience building front end user interfaces using Web UI Frameworks
like the Dojo Toolkit, JQuery and DHTML
•Experience developing custom DOJO widgets.
•Experience with Selenium, Firebug and other unit testing and
debugging tools for the Web.
•Experience in Flex/Flash, Actionscript for RIA development.
•Experience working with SOAP and REST webservices
•Working knowledge of the Unix/Linux platform
•Experience in analyzing frontend performance bottle necks and
providing industry standard solutions.

Highly Desired:
•Experience in Opensocial Gadget development is a plus
•Familiarity with Open social API’s
•Experience working with Web Containers - Tomcat and Websphere
•Knowledge of XML, XSL and XML schema
•Knowledge of portal solutions and experience with JSR-168 and JSR-268
Portlet API

Paul Lindner

May 22, 2011, 4:21:04 PM5/22/11
to opensocial...@googlegroups.com

Sorry. Doing well at Google.  I'll see if I can find someone who's interested ..  you might want to post to d...@shindig.apache.org

Paul Lindner

May 22, 2011, 4:22:25 PM5/22/11
to opensocial...@googlegroups.com

Gah didn't see that this was a mailing list post....

Mark W.

Aug 23, 2011, 7:39:11 AM8/23/11
to opensocial...@googlegroups.com
+1 on Paul. You get my support wherever you go!!