Bachelor Thesis on a RESTful API for a Groupware/OpenSocial

Thomas Koch

Apr 9, 2012, 6:25:00 AM4/9/12
to atom-p...@imc.org, cal...@ietf.org, vcar...@ietf.org, caldeve...@lists.calconnect.org, ical...@ietf.org, opensocial-community, rest-d...@yahoogroups.com, us...@jersey.java.net
Hi,

please allow me to bring to your attention my just finished bachelor thesis on
the subject of the design of a restful API to be useful for a Groupware or the
person related informations of OpenSocial.

I'd appreciate any feedback. The text will be available under a free license
after I received the mark for it.

Points that might be of special interest for (some of) you:

- a modernized design of CalAtom/CardAtom[1] without the need for a new
"feature" property
- efficient synchronization of collections with restful HTTP
- properties of vCard useful (or missing) for OpenSocial
- use of OpenSearch for reports
- use of nice small value objects replacing some functionality of Jersey
(Java REST framework)
- a "resource facade" framework to support multiple "views" or media types of
the same data
- a minimal implementation of an atom pub server on top of Jersey

[1] http://robubu.com/?cat=2

http://github.com/thkoch2001/bachelor-
thesis/blob/master/latex/restful_groupware.pdf

Please be forgiving with the quality of my writing. It's a thesis written
under time pressure and other constraints and I'm not a writer.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Henry Saputra

Apr 19, 2012, 1:08:42 PM4/19/12
to opensocial...@googlegroups.com
Thomas, thanks for sharing your thesis with the OpenSocial community.

How do you want the comments/ feedback for the paper contributed back
to you? Should anyone interested just reply back to you in private?

- Henry