OpenSocial API testing boundaries

lak c

May 24, 2011, 7:58:01 AM5/24/11
to OpenSocial Community
1. With OpenSocial API, can I build my own network plaform so that it
can support features of video & photo sharing, and not just social
app?

2. Can OpSo. API be able interface with YouTube or Flickr, where I can
access my shared media contents through the same login that I use
for Fb?

I presume the above situation that the same login id "us...@gmail.com"
can be used to access my gmail contact list and login into YTube and
Fb. So via my OpSo app I should able to upload and share content on
YouTube and on my network w'out the neccessity to login to YTube.

Hope to hear from some1.

Many Thanks.

Mark W.

Aug 23, 2011, 7:41:25 AM8/23/11
to opensocial...@googlegroups.com
On #1, yes, there's nothing stopping you from creating an opensocial API that supports this.
For #2, yes, you can use the osapi.http request to call the APIs of youtube and flickr