My First Application

shawn...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2011, 5:49:58 PM4/29/11
to OpenSocial Community
Hi Everyone, I'm going to start building my first OPenSocial
Application for sharing, recommending, and referring fitness DVD's.
Does anyone know where I can start or what type of hosting is needed?
Are there any good code repositories with code I can look at of
previous applications developed? Thanks, Shawn

yuvi

Apr 30, 2011, 2:03:43 AM4/30/11
to OpenSocial Community
Shawn,

You are welcome to try Gadglet (open-source).
Gadglet provides end-to-end platform for Gadget application (including
hosting on Google App Engine).

see http://dev.gadglet.com

Caprio, Remko (ELS-NYC)

Apr 30, 2011, 7:09:35 AM4/30/11
to opensocial...@googlegroups.com
I have some code examples and documentation on
http://www.github.com/sciversedev
Also see this $35,000 Challenge for OpenSocial apps, once you get a
schwung of it, http://appsforscience.com .

Remko Caprio
Developer Network | Elsevier
http://developer.sciverse.com/blog
http://twitter.com/sciversedev
http://www.facebook.com/sciverse
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Apps for Science Challenge - Elsevier offers $35,000 in prizes and
challenges software
developers to collaborate with librarians and researchers to develop the
best apps
and enhance customer experience. See for more details and eligibility
http://AppsForScience.com.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Rc

Shawn,

see http://dev.gadglet.com

Bastian Hofmann

Apr 30, 2011, 10:55:09 AM4/30/11
to opensocial...@googlegroups.com

Shawn Ames

May 2, 2011, 2:55:20 PM5/2/11
to opensocial...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

Thanks a lot for just responding to this. You made me feel great and welcome as a new member of the community. I have HTML and some Flash and JavaScript experience but have never built an app. Now, I find myself engaging in this experience and also as a challenge to keep our business innovative (www.coutureactivewear.com and www.janissaffell.com). I especially appreciate the referral of the health grant project, unfortunately I don't think I'm good enough yet to build something this 'cool', although our app is in the fitness space.

I plan to build a 'framework' of Apps, and from my research because there is mobile involved, I need to use JSON, REST API, and OAUTH for all of these apps to 'talk' to each other. I also want to build for Facebook. Here is a link to my iPhone/Android/Windows Mobile App (soon to be for all, now just iPhone) on AppMakr in which I'm trying to construct an App for one of the brands, Couture Active Wear. I also just broke down 18 fitness DVD's into small chunks, and plan to use this for content so that users' can share. Using Volusion for the Shopping Cart for Couture, and Shopify for JanisSaffell.com, and I'm integrating the products of both companies.

http://appma.kr/k2buHA

I will take a look at the code you all recommended and if there is any advice on how to accomplish all this, I'm all ears. I'm also open to working with anyone on this project, as I realize this is going to be one of the hugest challenges of my life.

Sincerely,

Shawn