opensocial-java-client

Asuka

Oct 6, 2010, 5:54:22 PM10/6/10
to OpenSocial Client Libraries
Hi there,

I would like to use the friendlistactivity application which is
integrated in the opensocial-java-client to communicate with myspace.

I've followed this "How to use guide"
http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-java-client/wiki/UsingTheAndroidLibrary

Why can "OpenSocialProviders" and "Token" not be found anywhere? And
what's an ANDROID_SCHEME? Could I get an example please?

Greetings
Asuka

Asuka

Oct 7, 2010, 6:14:41 AM10/7/10
to OpenSocial Client Libraries
Instead of using the friendlist application, I´ve tried to write an
application on my own. I´ve imported the required libraries an the
opensocial code under /java/src/org
Then I´ve written my own class to try to connect to myspace

// TODO Auto-generated method stub
Provider provider = new MySpaceProvider();
AuthScheme scheme = new
OAuth2LeggedScheme("19723c3a31f74b3599f3e98c********",
"944144256dfd47c08d44745fda3601e22dbb47c16bef467abb3db5c4********");
Client client = new Client(provider, scheme);

Request request = PeopleService.getViewer();
try {

Response responses = client.send(request);
System.out.println(responses.toString());
} catch (RequestException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (IOException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}catch (NullPointerException e){
e.printStackTrace();
}

System.out.println("done");
}

}

Is the first parameter of OAuth2LeggedScheme just the consumer key or
ist "www.myspace.com/consumer key"?
Is the Scheme correct, or do I have to use OAuth2LeggedScheme ? As I
got the consumer key and secrect from myspace, I´ve had to set an
external URL and an External Callback Validation. What does this mean?
Could anybody give me an example please?

Greetings
Asuka