OAuth3LeggedScheme without Browser

Asuka

Oct 7, 2010, 11:22:28 AM10/7/10
to OpenSocial Client Libraries
HI,

I would like to write a desktop app which uses the opensocial client
to connect to a social network. I would like to connect with the
social network by typing my name an password. Is that possible without
using a browser?

Greetings
Asuka

Robson Dantas

Oct 7, 2010, 11:32:45 AM10/7/10
to opensocial-cl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Asuka!

You can do that, if you are using 2legged oauth process, but on the other hand, you will need to create an opensocial gadget and install it on your user profile in order to make it work.

If you are planning to use 3legged oauth, it's part of the process authenticating using a browser. Technically you can do that using curl, for example, to emulate a browser. But you may break the TOS of the social network you are doing that.

For Orkut, java version is using a trick to open the browser grabbing the keys, and closing the browser:

Regards,

Robson Dantas

Asuka

Oct 8, 2010, 4:57:14 AM10/8/10