Javascript error : opensocial is not defined

mbchandar

Nov 2, 2007, 10:47:00 PM11/2/07
to OpenSocial Developers
below is the test app i did
http://gmodules.com/ig/ifr?&url=http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/file/106249497187797012507/balahello.xml&title=bala&w=250&h=200&synd=open&nocache=1&output=html

i am seeing javascript error

"opensocial is not defined" on line
var req = opensocial.newDataRequest();

how do resolve this?

araujo...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2007, 11:18:39 PM11/2/07
to OpenSocial Developers
Hi,

I think that apps only work if you are running in a open social site,
like orkut. It isn't work in the iGoogle page.

Bryon @ Brink

Nov 3, 2007, 1:42:40 AM11/3/07
to OpenSocial Developers
I've been getting this result on IE, Safari 2, and Orkut since the 0.5
release of the API.

On Nov 2, 8:18 pm, "araujo.lu...@gmail.com" <araujo.lu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think that apps only work if you are running in a open social site,
> like orkut. It isn't work in the iGoogle page.
>
> mbchandar wrote:
> > below is the test app i did

> >http://gmodules.com/ig/ifr?&url=http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadget...

Suchit Agarwal

Nov 3, 2007, 7:29:43 AM11/3/07
to OpenSocial Developers
Hi,
I get this error on Orkut for the same code as posted by mbchandar. Is
there something I might be missing?

S+

Suchit Agarwal

Nov 3, 2007, 8:10:39 AM11/3/07
to OpenSocial Developers
Anybody has any clues about...

Javascript error: opensocial is not defined

..even in Orkut sandbox :( ?

Thanks
Suchit

mbchandar

Nov 3, 2007, 8:52:04 AM11/3/07
to OpenSocial Developers
some times you might get the issue even in orkut sandbox because of
cache. clear your browser cache and do a refresh in the orkut sandbox.
now i am not getting the errors :)

more over, its giving me bad experience in removing the application
and then adding again because of cache problems. i am unable to make
changes and view the changes immediately in orkut sandbox

Rahul Thathoo

Nov 3, 2007, 8:56:29 AM11/3/07
to OpenSocial Developers
I just noticed that I get this error only in IE but not in Firefox.

Rahul

Rohit Kumar

Nov 3, 2007, 9:25:37 AM11/3/07
to opensoc...@googlegroups.com
i have faced this error in firefox and landed into the view that sandbox was caching the CDATA part.

Travis Choma

Nov 3, 2007, 2:25:39 PM11/3/07
to OpenSocial Developers
I'm getting this error on first run of the app in the browser (thus
not a caching problem). I get the error in IE and in Firefox. I run
the code in the Orkut sandbox, and i've tried using it from a url
generated from the google gears editor and also a url from my own
server.
Code is exactly as in the tutorial:

http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/javascript/index.html#Writing

On Nov 3, 2:25 pm, "Rohit Kumar" <niru.ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i have faced this error in firefox and landed into the view that sandbox was
> caching the CDATA part.
>

> On 11/3/07, Rahul Thathoo <rahul.that...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I just noticed that I get this error only in IE but not in Firefox.
>
> > Rahul
>
> > On Nov 3, 5:52 am, mbchandar <mbchan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > some times you might get the issue even in orkut sandbox because of
> > > cache. clear your browser cache and do a refresh in the orkut sandbox.
> > > now i am not getting the errors :)
>
> > > more over, its giving me bad experience in removing the application
> > > and then adding again because of cache problems. i am unable to make
> > > changes and view the changes immediately in orkut sandbox

Diego Guidi

Nov 7, 2007, 11:01:25 AM11/7/07
to OpenSocial Developers
> I'm getting this error on first run of the app in the browser (thusnota caching problem). I get the error in IE and in Firefox. I run

> the code in the Orkut sandbox, and i've tried using it from a url
> generated from the google gears editor and also a url from my own
> server.
> Code is exactly as in the tutorial:
> http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/javascript/index.html#Wri...

Same error for me :(