OpenSocial Spec 1.0, 1.1

MarChelo

Feb 14, 2011, 4:32:26 PM2/14/11
to OpenSocial Application Development
Hi friends!
I need to know if exist the way to use the OS 1.0 or 1.1 specification
under Shindig. I read some documents in the OpenSocial and Shindig web
groups, but only talks about the 0.8 and 0.9 spec.
Opinions, ideas...
Thanks!

Mark W.

Feb 16, 2011, 1:24:32 PM2/16/11
to opensoc...@googlegroups.com
Shidig is a reference framework for OpenSocial. It's designed for you to plug in your own "real" implementation of different parts, e.g. a database for storing the social data. It's easy to get up and running by grabbing the war file from the hudson build. To start plugging in your own stuff, you'll want to become familiar with the shindig mailing list.

goosemanjack

Feb 17, 2011, 11:50:55 AM2/17/11
to OpenSocial Application Development
The latest version from source supports OpenSocial 1.0. I think the
2.0 tree supports 0.9. To get 1.1 specification and the development
2.0 in-process spec features you'll have to build and apply the
various patches underway.

If you are a .Net shop (or mono) you can use project Negroni (http://
code.google.com/p/negroni/). This project is not a full
implementation of the spec as it only includes the server-side gadget
parser and template engine. It does not yet include the client-side
javascript container. You will also have to implement your own
compliant API stack to tie into as the APIs are fairly environment-
specific.
--
clc