New Link Relations...

James M Snell

Feb 5, 2013, 10:59:55 AM2/5/13
to OpenSocial
Just an FYI... The IETF just approved publication of my "Additional Link Relations" spec as an RFC.. number is still pending.

This document introduces a handful of new link relation types including a few that I originally derived from OpenSocial gadget use cases.

  rel="privacy-policy" is used to link to privacy policy resources.

  rel="terms-of-service" is used to link to use terms documents.

  rel="preview" is used to link to things like thumbnails, etc

- James

Mark W.

Mar 11, 2013, 4:09:15 PM3/11/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
James,
Awesome! Thanks for bringing this up. We should definitely incorporate these.

James M Snell

Mar 11, 2013, 4:41:52 PM3/11/13
to OpenSocial
​wiw, I believe that I had already began incorporating these in the early 3.0 rewrite that I checked in last spring. Depending on where things are at with 3.0 moving forward we should be able to leverage at least some of that.​