oauth.popup undefined?

Randy Hudson

Feb 11, 2013, 1:12:25 PM2/11/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
The spec says to do:
new gadgets.oauth.Popup(...)

but that object is undefined.  Is there some undocumented feature that needs to be required for this to work?

ddumont

Feb 11, 2013, 3:25:18 PM2/11/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
Yes, require the "oauthpopup" feature.

Randy Hudson

Feb 12, 2013, 4:44:32 PM2/12/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking at the 2.5.0 Core Gadget Specification and I don't see any mention of such a feature.

ddumont

Feb 12, 2013, 5:07:25 PM2/12/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
Yeah.  We do need to do a better job cross-linking apis and our feature names and we currently have an issue for that.
I found it by looking in shindig.

Mark W.

Mar 11, 2013, 4:13:26 PM3/11/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
At one point, we talked about having an annotation in the spec that talked about the features in shindig you would require. I think the reason we didn't do that was because it would tie the spec to shinding. Alternately, we could refactor shindig to more closely align with the spec. Either way, it's messy.

Craig McClanahan

Mar 11, 2013, 5:50:38 PM3/11/13
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Mark W. <weitze...@gmail.com> wrote:
At one point, we talked about having an annotation in the spec that talked about the features in shindig you would require. I think the reason we didn't do that was because it would tie the spec to shinding. Alternately, we could refactor shindig to more closely align with the spec. Either way, it's messy.

Would it make sense for the spec to actually declare feature names that provide functionality defined in the spec?  If not, it's going to be extremely difficult to write apps that are portable across containers.

Craig

Ryan Baxter

Mar 11, 2013, 8:35:23 PM3/11/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com, crai...@gmail.com
I agree with Craig, that seems like the best approach.

Henry Saputra

Mar 11, 2013, 8:40:54 PM3/11/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
+1

It's getting harder for new devs to figure out which feature provide which functionalities

- Henry

Dan Dumont

Mar 12, 2013, 10:40:52 AM3/12/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
I have no problem with tying shindig's current feature names to the spec and proposing rules that all future specced features must specify a feature name.
It's pretty useless to say the software can do something without saying how to use it.   We will never get portability unless we get the feature names into the spec.