Message-Collection-Id definition

Laurent-Walter Goix

Mar 27, 2012, 8:28:49 AM3/27/12
to OpenSocial and Gadgets Specification Discussion
dear all,

i posted an issue on a missing definition for Message-Collection-id in
the Social Data spec.

http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/issues/detail?id=1279

Laurent-Walter Goix

Feb 13, 2013, 5:34:24 AM2/13/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
I just filed a patch that addresses this issue and proposes the @inbox and @outbox reserved values, besides the generic object-id placeholder..

however there are still some inconsistencies in the Message object definition, in particular:
- use of "senderId" versus "sender { id: }" model for inserting the id of the sender. the table defining the properties and the example are not aligned but before submitting any patch i'd like to sense the feeling of the group on the best approach
- reserved values for "status". so far the "new", "read", and "deleted" values are cited but no semantics is associated to them. at some point an "unread" status is mentioned in an example. i also do not really understand in which case a "deleted" status would appear. suggestions for clarifying this?
- reserved values for "type" are not defined. examples in the spec show "privateMessage" and "EMAIL" but these are not formally defined, should they?

thanks
walter

Mark W.

Mar 11, 2013, 4:15:24 PM3/11/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
Laurent,
This is another one of the areas where we could provide a set of values but not make it a definitive list. For example, we might specify privateMessage, email, but not rule out something like SMS.

I'd be up for adding more clarity in this section.