Nominating Matt Franklin and Goix Laurent Walter for OpenSocial Community Board Members

Mark W.

Apr 5, 2013, 10:03:07 AM4/5/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
As you know, we opened up nominations for Community Board Members on March 22, 2013. Today, we are wrapping up nominations. As we bring this round to a close, I'd like to nominate two individuals that continue to have a great impact in the community and would be excellent to have as part of the Foundation's leadership.

Goix Laurent Walter is a member of Telecom Italia. We've been working closely with Laurent over the last several months as the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) has worked to incorporate parts of the OpenSocial specification into it's standard. Some of this hasn't been pretty because it involved the OpenSocial Foundation revisiting it's IPR policy. Something that has taken a long time but is almost complete. The result is that we are about to have a new, more agile, modern framework and process for IP. This will allow us to innovate faster than we have in the past. Laurent was a catalyst in making this happen.

Matt Franklin is the technical lead at Mitre corporation for their innovative platform that is based on OpenSocial. He's also the lead for Apache Rave. Matt has been involved in OpenSocial for a number of years and has played key roles in the development of the specification, Shindig, and, of course, Rave. He's helped organize a number of our successful community events, including last year's State of the Union at OSCON in Portland. Matt would be a fantastic addition to the OpenSocial Foundation's Board of Directors.

I would like to thank both Laurent and Matt for their involvement to date with OpenSocial. I'm grateful to have the opportunity to work with both of them and I look forward to continuing to do so in the future.

-Mark Weitzel
President, OpenSocial Foundation

Matthew Marum

Apr 8, 2013, 9:54:43 AM4/8/13
to opensocial-an...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if I have any say, but if I do, then +1 to both.

Both nominations are well deserved.

Matt Marum