Which hbase-site.xml is used?

colombo...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2015, 10:06:30 AM6/3/15
to opensoc...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I have a little but annoying problem about the hbase configuration used while submitting a topology into storm. It is always taking in account a default hbase-site.xml file and override the one I have for my hbase environment. All the rest of my opensoc-modules configuration are well loaded expect for Hbase and HDFS, still loading hdfs://nn1:8020/apps/hbase/data and hbase.rootdir : /disk/h/hbase.  I tried to fix the error by modifying classpath, copying files under Storm lib, but I can't figure out what means

* The HBase configuration is picked up from the first <tt>hbase-site.xml</tt> encountered in the
* classpath

found at com/opensoc/hbase/HTableConnector.java/HBolt.java

If someone knows what I am missing since the beginning I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Pierre

e.ho...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2015, 3:30:59 PM6/4/15
to opensoc...@googlegroups.com, colombo...@gmail.com
I haven't tried this myself, but I think that you can specify a config path when you run the topology with -config_path <arg>. If you put your hbase-site.xml config in whichever path you specify it should, logically, be loaded.

Again, I haven't tried this.

colombo...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2015, 4:59:32 AM6/8/15
to opensoc...@googlegroups.com, colombo...@gmail.com
Ok, I was clearly missing something.

The error was on my storm worker machine which is a slave and held an old Opensoc-Toplogy jar. The one on my nimbus server contained the right configuration. I checked the date of modification and  immediatly figured out the problem. So it was clearly a path problem about storm, and copying the new Opensoc jar to my worker node solved it.
If someone doesn't want to waste his time on same issue, check it first before trying to set any kind of (class)path !

Pierre