opensoc-streaming guide

Mark Bittmann

Oct 28, 2015, 6:43:21 PM10/28/15
to OpenSOC Support
I've put together a guide for running and configuring the opensoc-streaming module on Storm. There is some overlap with the existing README files, but hopefully this helps by consolidating it into one place. This material belongs inside the project itself. I'll happily contribute this back into the OpenSOC project README docs once the project opens back up for community involvement.

Melih Göksal

Dec 7, 2015, 8:59:04 AM12/7/15
to OpenSOC Support
Dear Mark,

Thank you for deployment guide firslty. It helped me to fill some gaps in my mind. But still there are essential question because i have been trying to understand OpenSOC entirely. But i need a kind of "hello world" step for Opensoc and i'm not sure if i need to use opensoc-streaming repo to achieve my "hello world".  If i'm mistaken could you explain where i am mistaken ?

On the other hand  i'm trying to build the 0.6BETA version of opensoc-streaming within my computer(Ubuntu 14.04). Do i need more machine to deploy opensoc-streaming. In other words i imagine OpenSOC as a complicated system, like i need more than one machine to deploy. But nobody is talking about these.It makes me confused and things are getting harder to understand day by day.

I look forward to hearing from you.