Sample Topologies in a live testing cluster - having issues

shweta...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2015, 5:54:40 PM9/4/15
to OpenSOC Support
HI,

I have set up a 4 node cluster with components
- ZooKeeper
- Hbase
- Hive
- ES
- Storm 0.9.2
- Kafka 0.8.X
- Flume
- OpenSoc UI
- mvn 3.2

So far in my steps I am able to compile the latest Opensoc streaming build. I am trying to run the sample pcap topology using
storm jar /usr/local/apache-storm-0.9.2-incubating/opensoc-streaming/OpenSOC-Topologies/target/OpenSOC-Topologies-0.6BETA.jar com.opensoc.topology.Pcap -local_mode false -config_path /usr/local/apache-storm-0.9.2-incubating/opensoc-streaming/OpenSOC-Topologies/target/classes/OpenSOC_Configs/ -generator_spout true

I am getting error
Exception in thread "main" java.util.NoSuchElementException: 'num.ackers' doesn't map to an existing object
        at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractConfiguration.getInt(AbstractConfiguration.java:816)
        at com.opensoc.topology.runner.TopologyRunner.initTopology(TopologyRunner.java:415)
        at com.opensoc.topology.Pcap.main(Pcap.java:38)

I have set up environment variables
kafka.zk.port=2181
kafka.zk.list=X1.com,X2.com,X3.com
kafka.zk=X.X.X.X:2181,X.X.X.X:2181,X.X.X.X:2181
kafka.br=X.X.X.X:2181:9092
es.ip=esp
es.port=9092
es.clustername=devo_es
bolt.hdfs.IP=X.X.X.X
bolt.hdfs.port=8020
mysql.ip=X.X.X.X
mysql.port=3306
mysql.username=root
mysql.password=xxxxx

Do I need to generate pcap sample data and add that to the /SampleInputs/Pcap file as its empty in the folder?

I am using Cloudera distributed hadoop

Any hints/help will be appreciated. If you have deployed the topology in the cluster (not in local mode) and have some good notes please let me know as well. The installation guide is still not available and the instructions are missing small pieces.

Thanks

Shweta

shweta...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2015, 3:12:14 PM9/8/15
to OpenSOC Support, shweta...@gmail.com
I have found the error and have fixed it.

The other issue I am finding now is pcap sample file is empty :( Is there a reason for this?

Larisa-Mihaela Stănel

Jul 4, 2016, 5:05:40 AM7/4/16
to OpenSOC Support, shweta...@gmail.com
can you, please, tell me what was the error?