Project Status

Paulo Matos

Jul 29, 2014, 2:36:37 PM7/29/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The repository hasn't been updated in awhile. I am wondering if this project is now considered dead or if the efforts are now on another opensmt style project. This is a worthwhile project and if there's no other opensmt style project around, we should resuscitate this one.

Paulo Matos

Roberto Bruttomesso

Jul 29, 2014, 4:12:32 PM7/29/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello Paulo,

thanks for your interest in opensmt

I (and the other people involved) have stopped working on this project
as of 2011, when I left academia for industry. At the moment I can no
longer lead this project, but one day I might be able to resurrect it
as you say :) But the code is there to be used, so anybody can build
on top of that.

I know that Antti at University of Lugano is working on some version
of opensmt, but I don't know the status of the project.

Regards,
Roberto
> --

Roberto Bruttomesso, PhD

Paulo Matos

Jul 29, 2014, 4:54:58 PM7/29/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com

On 29/07/14 21:12, Roberto Bruttomesso wrote:
> Hello Paulo,
>
> thanks for your interest in opensmt
>
> I (and the other people involved) have stopped working on this project
> as of 2011, when I left academia for industry. At the moment I can no
> longer lead this project, but one day I might be able to resurrect it
> as you say :) But the code is there to be used, so anybody can build
> on top of that.
>
> I know that Antti at University of Lugano is working on some version
> of opensmt, but I don't know the status of the project.

Thanks Roberto.

I have for now cloned the repository and will give it a go at bringing
it up and running (given I can't compile it properly at the moment) and
then I will see what's required.

Currently I am really only interested in QF_UF so that might be my
primary focus.

I will contact Antti to try to understand if he has another clone
somewhere else.

Thanks,

Paulo Matos

> Regards,
> Roberto
>

> On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Paulo Matos <pocm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The repository hasn't been updated in awhile. I am wondering if this project
>> is now considered dead or if the efforts are now on another opensmt style
>> project. This is a worthwhile project and if there's no other opensmt style
>> project around, we should resuscitate this one.
>>
>> Paulo Matos
>>
>> --

Paulo Matos

c...@frontiernet.net

Jul 29, 2014, 4:54:58 PM7/29/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Antti did indeed resurrect a version of OpenSMT and entered it into SMT-COMP 2014. But I'll leave it to him to communicate the current status.

- David Cok

I (and the other people involved) have stopped working on this project
as of 2011, when I left academia for industry. At the moment I can no
longer lead this project, but one day I might be able to resurrect it
as you say :) But the code is there to be used, so anybody can build
on top of that.

I know that Antti at University of Lugano is working on some version
of opensmt, but I don't know the status of the project.

Regards,
Roberto

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Paulo Matos <pocm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The repository hasn't been updated in awhile. I am wondering if this project
> is now considered dead or if the efforts are now on another opensmt style
> project. This is a worthwhile project and if there's no other opensmt style
> project around, we should resuscitate this one.
>
> Paulo Matos
>
> --

Roberto Bruttomesso, PhD

Roberto Bruttomesso

Jul 29, 2014, 4:57:03 PM7/29/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
let me know if I can help with compilation, it used to compile smoothly before

Roberto Bruttomesso, PhD

Antti Hyvärinen

Aug 6, 2014, 3:32:24 AM8/6/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Sorry for not replying to this mail earlier, I just came back from vacation.

OpenSMT's got a lot of new code, and since my first step in
understanding how SMT solvers work was to look at QF_UF, especially
that part has gone through a lot of development. I've been trying to
decide where to put the code, but I guess committing it to the
original repository would be a viable option. It would be great if we
could collaborate on the same code.

Cheers,

Antti

Paulo Matos

Aug 6, 2014, 4:15:39 PM8/6/14
to ope...@googlegroups.com
On 06/08/14 08:32, Antti Hyvärinen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Sorry for not replying to this mail earlier, I just came back from vacation.
>
> OpenSMT's got a lot of new code, and since my first step in
> understanding how SMT solvers work was to look at QF_UF, especially
> that part has gone through a lot of development. I've been trying to
> decide where to put the code, but I guess committing it to the
> original repository would be a viable option. It would be great if we
> could collaborate on the same code.
>
> Cheers,

As I discussed with Antti privately I would prefer the code to be in
github so we can make use of features like code review, bug database and
most importantly continuous integration.

--
Paulo Matos