QF_BV: "syntax error, unexpected TK_SYM"

Ayrat Khalimov

Jun 8, 2011, 9:02:54 AM6/8/11
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi openSMT devs and users,

Does OpenSMT support QF_BV logic?
I encountered the following problem with query in smt2 with QF_BV logic:
./opensmt bitrev0032.smt2
At line 12: syntax error, unexpected TK_SYM, expecting '_'

I also tried to solve this query with Z3 - OK (unsat). So the query should be correct.
(the query was taken from smtlib benchmarks, the same error for other queries from QF_BV folder of smtlib benchmarks)

In the attachment - example QF_BV query in smtlib2 format.
The openSMT version is: 1.0.1 (unsable).

--
Best regards,
Ayrat Khalimov

Mike Whalen

Jun 8, 2011, 2:33:39 PM6/8/11
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Ayrat,

The bitvector code is in there, but commented out in v1.0.1. I'm
not sure when it is expected to be integrated back into the tool.
Sorry for this non-answer answer ;-).

Mike

Michael Whalen
Program Director, UMSEC
200 Union St. 4-192
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Office: 612-624-5130
Cell: 651-442-8834

Roberto Bruttomesso

Jun 9, 2011, 3:55:57 AM6/9/11
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ayrat,

Mike is correct (thanks Mike) -- to bring back to life bit-vectors is
planned for this summer, together with a native unification with an
SMT-based model checker around opensmt

Cheers,

Roberto Bruttomesso, PhD - http://tinyurl.com/r0b3r70

linas

Jun 16, 2011, 4:14:06 PM6/16/11
to opensmt
Hi,

On Jun 9, 2:55 am, Roberto Bruttomesso <roberto.bruttome...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Mike is correct (thanks Mike) -- to bring back to life bit-vectors is
> planned for this summer, together with a native unification with an
> SMT-based model checker around opensmt

I too would be interested in having working SMT-LIB v2.0 and
bitvectors!

In the meantime, is there a suggested work-around? DIMACS format?
I notice that there's code for SMT-LIB 1.2, which does seem to handle
bitvectors, but its stubbed out ...

Also: FYI, the wikipedia article now contains a huge table:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satisfiability_modulo_theories

openSMT is now listed in it; please verify for correctness/
completeness.

-- linas