Need help publishing a wordpress plugin

Aharon Varady

Apr 5, 2016, 2:35:25 PM4/5/16
to Open Siddur Technical Discussion List
A few years ago I modified a wordpress plugin that was written for wordpress users to add a Creative Commons license at the bottom of their posts.

I modified the plugin so that it only offers Open Content compatible licenses as options along with some clear and neutral license iconography. In addition to CC BY and CC BY-SA, the plugin also offers CC 0 (the Public Domain dedication license), as well as a single exception for posting something that is clearly the copyright of someone else under a Fair Use declaration.

I'd like some help polishing up the license and publishing it via wordpress.com so that others might benefit from my fork. I think this would be extremely beneficial for others in the free-culture movement as well as in the world of wordpress users in open-source Judaism.

If interested, contact me directly, please and thank you!

Aharon

--
Aharon Varady
Founding Director, Hierophant

Aharon Varady

Apr 5, 2016, 3:55:09 PM4/5/16
to Open Siddur Technical Discussion List
Here's a dropbox link to the plugin, essentially a fork of Creative Commons Generator by OptimalDevs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/55qkohcddkv07a3/Fork%20of%20Creative%20Commons%20Generator.zip?dl=0

Amanda J. Rush

Apr 5, 2016, 4:57:40 PM4/5/16
to opensid...@googlegroups.com
Can you give me write access? It'll make sure that I can ensure that you
meet the guidelines before submitting. At least to pass the "What can I
reject" phase. Because every plugin goes through that.

Amanda

Amanda J. Rush

Apr 5, 2016, 4:58:51 PM4/5/16
to opensid...@googlegroups.com
Plus, I can ensure that it's accessible if you want.

BTW, I've forked the Open Siddur client, but haven't had a chance to
look at it in depth to help you guys with accessibility.

Amanda