Welcome to the Open Siddur Project Technical Discussion Group
carries all public technical discussion for the Open Siddur Project.
This is the place to talk about code, XML schemas, implementation
details, and similar topics.
Our coding project is in an
early stage of development, and we are working toward a useful and
usable product. As an open source project, we can only advance by the
contributions made by our developers. To learn more about what is
happening now and where help is required, see our milestones on github: https://github.com/opensiddur/opensiddur/issues/milestones
free to introduce yourself to the group by sending an introductory
email. You may include your own interests in the project in this email
and/or tell us what aspect(s) of the project you would like to help
develop. The following are guidelines for communicating on the list that help our discussions:
- When posting to the list, please keep in mind that
you are talking to real people and that whenever you press send, many
other people will get an email in their inbox.
- All list discussions are archived at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/opensiddur-tech
- Please keep discussions on-topic.
- When responding to an email, it is good practice to quote just enough
context in your email message so a reader can follow the chain of
discussion without reading the entire previous message (inline posting
style, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Inline_replying)
- When replying, please reply to the list unless the poster asked to be cc:'d or emailed privately.
- Disagreement is expected, and should be conducted with the principles
of derekh eretz (common courtesy and consideration) in mind. A guideline is to keep discussion
focused on ideas, instead of on the messenger.
- To prevent the list from getting spammed, the first message any new members sends to the list is moderated. We have a zero tolerance policy for spam. Sending a single spam message to the list results in a permanent ban.
If you wish to receive list email in abbreviated or digest form
(approximately one email per day with all content), you may set your
email receipt options by logging in to Google Groups at
If, at any time, you wish to unsubscribe from the list, instructions are included at the bottom of every message.
You may also keep track of progress on the Open Siddur from the following pages:
A survey of interested users and contributors is at https://opensiddur.org/contributing/
Thank you for your interest in the Open Siddur Project!