Fwd: [Chasidus w/o Borders] fasting against violence tomorrow, sunrise to sunset

1 view

Aharon Varady

Jul 14, 2014, 9:09:19 PM7/14/14
to opensiddur-talk
Forwarding this message from Open Siddur Project contributor, David Seidenberg (neohasid.org) concerning the fast tomorrow on Sheva Asar b'Tammuz.

Jul 14, 2014, 9:50:18 PM7/14/14
to ha...@googlegroups.com, opensid...@googlegroups.com
Really now, Rav Cordovero's quote below. I have forwarded the message to my mentor in the Careers Industry, who is Muslim and vegan and spoke with someone several months ago about starting Muslims for Progressive Values in the Chicagoland area.

I have started -- AGAIN having to -- greeting Arabs when I see them in the grocery, in Arabic, and telling them I am so so sad about what's going on -- that any of those kids could've been my kid. Which was Reb Z's (zt"l) statement in 1987 with what was going on then -- that ANY of those kids could've (G-d forbid) been his Barya, he was SO upset about it.

This is so wrong. Thanks for trying to do SOMETHING to nudge things in a better direction.

I think I will go back to the people I'd asked about re-joining Ohalah ~6 weeks ago and see about sending-in the application, as I'd appreciate someplace to have support around objecting the heinousness of THIS stuff that is going on.

Tzom Kal,

Rabbi R. Karpov, Ph.D.

"This is the essence: To have compassion upon all beings" (Rav Moshe Cordovero of Tz'fat)

Appearances include:

--
Content posted to this group is the copyright of its author(s) and presumed to be licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license, unless another license is indicated. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
---