Fwd: Prayer in Jewish languages - event video

Aharon Varady

Jun 1, 2022, 6:42:50 PM6/1/22
to opensiddur-talk
Just wanted to share news of this program that we co-sponsored with HUC-JIR's Jewish Language Project: "Multilingual Jewish Prayer Throughout History: Performance and Analysis." (Full acknowledgements from Dr. Sarah Benor below the link in her message.) https://youtu.be/IG36wusDOUM?t=60

Jun 6, 2022, 9:44:18 AM6/6/22
to opensid...@googlegroups.com
Looking forward to watching it. Sounds so interesting.
Thank you, Aharon!

I just gave 2 lectures, one on Akdamut and one on Nagarah's Ketobah for Shavuot. I wish I read the "Ma'ase Akdamut" you work on before. I mentioned the story on the Sambatyon but didn't have the actual text. Well, next time....

Any way, here they are. Do you want to include them in the project?

kol tuv,
Dalia

--
Content posted to this group is the copyright of its author(s) and presumed to be licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license, unless another license is indicated. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
---

--
הרבה דליה מרקס
פרופ' לליטורגיה ומדרש, מחזיקת הקתדרה ע"ש הרב אהרון ד' פנקין

היברו יוניון קולג', ירושלים

www.dalia-marx.com

Rabbi Dalia Marx (PhD)

Rabbi Aaron D. Panken Professor of liturgy and Midrash
 Hebrew Union College-JIR, Jerusalem
Cover Durch das Jüdische Jahr, Dalia Marx, Jewish culture and contemporary history