Open Siddur lead developer speaks at PresenTense J-Lem 9/19

1 view

Aharon Varady

Sep 15, 2011, 10:04:34 AM9/15/11
to Open Siddur Project, Open Siddur Project, Open Siddur Project

Making `free' work for social entrepreneurship: The benefits and challenges of developing your idea in an open source community

Date: Mon, 2011-09-19 19:00
City: Jerusalem
Address: Emek Refaim 64

Presenter: Efraim Feinstein, lead developer for the Open Siddur Project

Cost: 15 NIS

"Open source" is something of a buzzword in the social entrepreneurship community. This talk will discuss the free software/open source development model as a way to include "socially responsible" software development as part of your social entrepreneurship repertoire. What is it? What are its advantages? What are some of the challenges in applying it? Come with your questions and ideas for discussion.

Efraim Feinstein is the lead developer of the Open Siddur Project, http://opensiddur.org, which collects new and traditional Jewish liturgical material from all denominations and backgrounds and facilitates their sharing with all our users. We are developing a web application to help our users contribute and share material and to use our library of shared materials to build their own customized siddurim. All of the software code and data delivered by the project is released under free/open source terms.

Please RSVP here: https://israelamerica.wufoo.com/forms/w7a9k9/

See you there!

Elinor and the PT team