The Order of Reading Megillat Esther, et al

Aharon Varady

Mar 16, 2011, 3:22:40 PM3/16/11
to Open Siddur Project, Open Siddur Project
Hello everyone,

Your fellow Open Siddur Project volunteers and contributors have been hard at work. If you're on our facebook group or twitter feed you may already know of the following contributions in advance of Purim. If not, see below for the links.

The Order of Reading Megillat Esther:
http://opensiddur.org/2011/03/seder-megillat-esther-for-purim/

and

Ta'amei Miqrah (Cantillation) for Reading Megillat Esther:
http://opensiddur.org/2011/03/taamei-hamiqra-cantillation-for-megillat-esther/

Shmuel Gonzales, transcriber of the Nusach Ha-Ari and contributor to the Open Siddur Project, added a file to his growing list of transcriptions, "Blessings for Megillat Esther" and wrote a nice essay introducing it.
https://shmuthejew.wordpress.com/2011/03/12/blessings-for-the-megillat-esther/

Just for Purim, some dark comedy (also by way of Shmuel) for fans of Pulp Fiction in the month of Adar.
http://opensiddur.org/2011/01/this-pulp-kiddushkaddish/

Finally, some non-Purim contributions:

Rabbi Dalia Marx, Ph.D shared a paper on feminist influences on new Jewish liturgy in Israel
http://opensiddur.org/2011/02/feminist-influences-on-jewish-liturgy-the-case-of-israeli-reform-prayer-by-dalia-marx/

Rebbe Nachman of Breslov's Tikkun Klali:
http://opensiddur.org/2011/03/the-tikkun-haklali-according-to-rebbe-na%e1%b8%a5man-of-breslov/

And a Prayer from a Retail Worker
http://opensiddur.org/2011/03/tekhina-of-a-retail-worker/

All of these works are shared with free/libre licenses allowing you to adopt, adapt, and redistribute the work.

We continue working on the Open Siddur web application. See our roadmap to track our development: http://wiki.jewishliturgy.org/Milestones
We are currently at 0.4.0. You can help us reach our next milestone 0.4.1 by contributing your coding talents.

There are many ways to contribute to this project: http://opensiddur.org/contribute/
For example, we have costs associated with paying for computer server costs. If you value our work, please make a tax-deductible donation by way of our 501(3)c non-profit fiscal sponsor, The Center for Jewish Culture & Creativity: http://www.razoo.com/story/opensiddurproject

Enjoy! and our warmest wishes as winter ends for there to be more joy and less sadness this Adar,

Aharon Varady
Founder
The Open Siddur Project
http://opensiddur.org