Next OpenSF pushed to 2015

Pepper Mint

Oct 15, 2013, 3:05:30 PM10/15/13
to opensf-...@googlegroups.com
Hello past OpenSF attendees!

Over here at the OpenSF staff we have been having a hard time lining up a hotel.  The Holiday Inn will be undergoing renovations next year (and is asking for more money post-renovation), which has taken it out of the running.  Other hotels have not been receptive so far.

At this point it is clear that we are not going to be able to hold OpenSF in spring or summer of 2014.  We are going to aim for spring or summer of 2015.  We are talking to hotels and I expect that with enough lead time we will be able to nail one down.

All that said, we are still very committed to doing this conference again!  Stay in touch and we will put out announcements as things develop.  In addition to this list you can follow @OpenSFConf on twitter.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to respond to this email and let me know.

Pepper

PS.  I know a lot of you will have hotel and other meeting venue suggestions!  Please share these with us if you either know of a large (500-800 person) venue that is okay with sexual community conferences, which has been the main stumbling block, or if you have a personal connection with someone on a venue sales staff.