When hitting ENTER without choosing anything in the list to send a request to Google instead of our opensearch.xml

Vladi Trop

Oct 22, 2014, 11:48:32 AM10/22/14
to opens...@googlegroups.com
Our opensearch is merging results from our service and Google.

Example: user inputs "test"

1. result from our service
2. result from our service
3. Google autosuggest
4. Google autosuggest
5. Google autosuggest

This is all works good and nice.

What we want to do is: When the user will not choose anything from the list but will just hit ENTER, it will just perform a search on Google with the keywords.
We managed to achieve it by a redirection from our service to Google.
So it first goes to us, we recognize it as something that should be searched on Google and then perform a Google search with these keywords. It also works fine, the only thing is that it works slower than when done directly via Google.

Question is, is it possible to do that the results (1-5) will be shown via our service (results from our service already include in them results from Google, so this is fine), but when not choosing anything from the list and just hitting ENTER it will perform a regular Google search?

Hope its clear..

Thanks!