Re: OpenSearch/Extensions/Relevance

DeWitt Clinton

Apr 30, 2014, 2:19:26 PM4/30/14
to John Moehrke, opens...@googlegroups.com
[+opensearch]

Adding a limit to the "score" parameter in the Relevance extension seems like perfectly reasonable thing to do.

Since the draft text implies floats are okay, would it make sense to say this is a IEEE 754-2008 single-precision binary32 field (bounded by 0 and 1)? Does that provide suitable limits from a security perspective?

Note that I don't have any reason to believe that's a better definition than any other, so please do offer counter-suggestions if there are better ways to do this.

-DeWitt

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 10:44 AM, John Moehrke <johnm...@gmail.com> wrote:
That is fine with me. Thanks

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 12:36 PM, DeWitt Clinton <dew...@opensearch.org> wrote:
Seems like a very reasonable request. Mind if I CC the opensearch mailing list on my reply?

-DeWitt

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 10:27 AM, John Moehrke <johnm...@gmail.com> wrote:
DeWitt,

I am working with a standards organization (HL7) that is using your OpenSearch Relevance. I am a security professional, and therefore would like to see some limit to the number of significant digits in the score. Or at least a mention that it should not be more significant digits than some number, and a warning about more.

John