Cantillation Structure

David Troidl

Feb 5, 2017, 5:11:56 PM2/5/17
to OSHB

Hi,

I have just updated the OshbVerse demo application, to visualize cantillation structure in a verse of the OSHB.  This update implements the horizontal display shown in the illustration on the new OSHB home page.  We also have a Cantillation page there, with a brief introduction, and links to find out more.  I have been using the cantillation structure of verses in the Hebrew bible for several years, and have found it very beneficial to understanding scripture.

In implementing the horizontal display, I factored out the markup code and styles for the old format into separate files.  These are preserved in the same directory.  See the notes in index.html to change between forms.  If anybody finds this useful, or develops the idea or the code into an application, let me know.

Peace,

David

Avast logo