OSHB 1.4

Jesse Griffin

Apr 25, 2018, 1:38:33 PM4/25/18
to openscri...@googlegroups.com

Hello Everyone,

We are pleased to announce the release of the Open Scriptures Hebrew Bible version 1.4!

In addition to the books already released, this version includes the fully completed and verified morphological data for:

  • Lamentations
  • Esther
  • Micah
  • Ecclesiastes
  • Amos

We have also included the morphological data for the rest of the books, where the status of that data has been verified. At the time of writing, this is about 95% of all the words in the Tanakh, see OSHB Morph Status for an updated chart.

A page that describes the morphology codes that we use may be found at OSHB Morph Codes.

Would you consider helping us finish the remaining 5% of the parsing? If so, see the OSHB Phase 1 document for information on how to contribute.

For the OSHB Team,
Jesse Griffin

Parsing site: http://hb.openscriptures.org/OshbParse/index.php
Slack Group: Sign up at http://ufw.io/team43, join the #uhb-uhg-uag-uhal channel

P.S. There is a companion project to the OSHB that is a basic Hebrew reference grammar, the unfoldingWord Hebrew Grammar. This grammar is based on the morphology codes in the OSHB and should therefore be easy to embed in software applications that make use of the OSHB. Editing work is ongoing but the text is substantially complete.

--
Thank you,
Jesse Griffin

Teus Benschop

Apr 27, 2018, 3:00:43 AM4/27/18
to Jesse Griffin, openscri...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the hard work!
The Bible translators certainly already enjoy your hard work and put it to good use.
I'll make it an issue to work on it that the translators also get access to this update data.
Thank you!