OSHB Verse (cantillation structure)

Seth (Avi) Kadish

Jul 29, 2019, 4:17:49 AM7/29/19
to OpenScriptures Hebrew Bible
I'd like to express my appreciation for the new OSHB Verse function, which shows the cantillation structure of verses. It is aesthetic and useful. And most importantly it works for the cantillation of the three poetic books (Psalms, Proverbs, Job).

A technical question regarding it: Is it possible to do deep linking to it, i.e. to link to the cantillation structure of a specific verse from another website?

Avi

David Troidl

Jul 29, 2019, 7:16:35 PM7/29/19
to openscri...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the encouragement.

I am thinking about, and doing some testing related to the linking issue. I have an idea of a direction to follow. Let's see what comes of it.

David

David Troidl

Aug 2, 2019, 11:21:35 AM8/2/19
to openscri...@googlegroups.com

I have now added the linking capability on OSHB Verse. The link will appear beneath the verse. You can right-click on the link to copy it and paste to an email, or make a bookmark out of it.

Thank you for the suggestion. This should be useful.

David

Seth (Avi) Kadish

Seth (Avi) Kadish

Jul 29, 2020, 9:10:49 AM7/29/20
to OpenScriptures Hebrew Bible
Hi David,
Coming back to this almost a year later (!), would it be possibe to change one detail in "link to this verse"?
In the old version, the link to each individual verse designates the book by number, e.g. in this example the link goes to Isaiah as book 12 ("sfr=12").
In the new version, the link to each individual verse designates the book with a short name, e.g. b=Isa.
Could this be changed back to the older system? That would allow me to convert the links for every verse in the bible at Hebrew Wikisource from the old version to the new version.
E.g. Isaiah 1:1 here.
Thanks,
Avi