Our Resources

David Troidl

Mar 7, 2017, 8:50:26 AM3/7/17
to OSHB

Hi,

For those of you who may be new to the list, or older member who misplaced links, I thought I would outline some ways of connecting with our resources.

Our central access point is the OpenScriptures Hebrew Bible home page.  Here you will find descriptions of the various aspects of our project, and links to the resources described there.  You can also follow us on Twitter @OSHebrewBible.  Just click the link on the home page.

  • We have the OSHB text of the Hebrew Bible, based on the Westminster Leningrad Codex.  This has been given attributes to connect it to our Hebrew Lexicon.
  • The Hebrew Lexicon has a Lexical Index as the central access point, connecting to Strong's Hebrew Dictionary and the Brown, Driver, Briggs Hebrew-English Lexicon.
  • Our parsing project is in the process of adding morphology attributes to the words of the OSHB text.  Ruth and Jonah have already been completed.
  • Our Canitllation demo illustrates the interpretation of the accent marks in the OSHB text.  Each word has a popup with the information.
All this is located at our two related repositories on GitHub.
Thanks for joining with us in spreading the knowledge of the Hebrew Bible.

Peace,

David

Avast logo