Morphology searchable/sortable database

Seth Vitrano-Wilson

Sep 18, 2020, 8:26:54 PM9/18/20
to OpenScriptures Hebrew Bible
Dear all,

I love what you all have put together on the OpenScriptures website! Thanks for all the hard work that's gone into this. I'm hoping to find ways that I can contribute as I learn more.

I'm wondering if any of you know of a database where the morphological information is tagged to each instance of a word, with the lexical entry also tagged, and which can be searched through and sorted with fairly "normal" software (I'm used to LibreOffice, but I could learn other systems). It seems like some kind of database like this must exist to power the OpenScriptures site, but I don't know if it's in a format that can be easily searched and/or sorted.

Mainly I'm thinking of its use for translators to see all the instances of a particular construction--for example, "all instances of panim prefixed by a mem," or all Hiphil-stem instances of a particular verb, etc. It would be great if a database like this could be edited to include other things of interest to individual translators.

Thanks for letting me know if anything like this exists or can be made!

Blessings,
Seth VW