No More Slashes

David Troidl

Aug 30, 2019, 4:20:56 PM8/30/19
to OSHB

Hi Everyone,

OSHB Read has been updated. After some thought, I have worked out the segmentation of the words, so it is not necessary to display slashes in the words that you read. This separated out prefixes, main word and suffix, if any. I have used colors, for quick identification of prefixes, in blue, and suffixes, in gray. The popups show lemma and morphology code for the part, and the accent for the whole word. To see the morphology in readable form, click on the part you want to see. To get the morphology parser to work, I had to break off the language code and apply it to each segment. So the codes for the segments appear without the language code.

Would this be a desirable feature in OSHB Verse?

I also revised the readme for OSHB Read, making the first part more like instructions for using the app. Then I added a link in the interface for Instructions. Does this seem helpful?

Peace,

David

Daniel Owens

Sep 1, 2019, 9:43:54 PM9/1/19
to openscri...@googlegroups.com

David,

I had not looked at these yet, but well done. I like both OSHB Read and OSHB Verse. I think it would be desirable to be able to click and view morphology in readable form, if that's what you mean. If it's not too difficult.

Having a link to instructions is also good.

Daniel