Pre-analysis plan for qualitative research

Agneta Berge

Jan 17, 2019, 3:21:33 PM1/17/19
to Open Science Framework
Hi!

We are a group of economists (me, Per Krusell, Fredrik Paues) at Stockholm University that want to do a pre-analysis plan for qualitative research (interviews) -- something that none of us has done before. Do you have any advice on how to do this? If someone here has worked with such pre-analysis plans themselves, or has any advice on what to read or who to speak to in order to learn more about how to write such pre-analysis plans, it would be highly appreciated!

Best
Agneta Berge, Stockholm University

Marcus Munafo

Jan 17, 2019, 3:24:03 PM1/17/19
to openscienc...@googlegroups.com
The journal I edit has recently accepted a qualitative study as part of our Registered Reports Funding pilot. I can put you in touch with the authors if you're interested (email me directly).

Sent from my iPhone

Nate Breznau

Jan 17, 2019, 3:34:59 PM1/17/19
to openscienc...@googlegroups.com
The Center for Open Science has lots of advice on this one!

https://cos.io/prereg/
_____________________________

Nate Breznau
Postdoctoral Researcher
'The Global Dynamics of Social Policy'
University of Bremen

wolf vanpaemel

Jan 17, 2019, 4:00:51 PM1/17/19
to openscienc...@googlegroups.com
i haven't used it myself, but this and this might be helpful
cheers
wolf

David Mellor

Jan 17, 2019, 4:22:39 PM1/17/19
to openscienc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing that Wolf! https://osf.io/j7ghv/wiki/home/ That's the best template I've seen for these discussions in qualitative inference. We hope to create a specific registry for qualitative work in the future, but are waiting to see a little bit more development in the area in order to nail down any outstanding issues.

There might also be more helpful examples in the OSF Registry. Here is a simple keyword search that has several promising examples: https://osf.io/registries/discover?provider=OSF&q=qualitative

Agenta: I'll email you directly with some contact information.

Agneta Berge

Jan 21, 2019, 2:07:28 PM1/21/19
to openscienc...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

Thank you for great and quick input. This was really helpful!

Best
Agneta