GPU/Stage3D solution for openscales

Jozef Chúťka

Aug 28, 2013, 9:05:15 AM8/28/13
to opensca...@googlegroups.com
Hello devs,
Having a quick look at code it seems that you have not yet taken advantage of Stage3D (GPU) and maps/tiles are being rendered using regular flash.display. I have noticed some requests for gpu/stage3d renderer for openscale on this forum/group. In case you are interesed, have a look at http://ycanvas.yoz.sk/maps/ (sources on http://ycanvas.yoz.sk). By moving the render stuff to gpu you can gain more performance - 60fps apps etc.
what do you think?
If you are interested I would be happy to assist you with implementation.
Jozef

LeF03X

Aug 29, 2013, 9:12:05 AM8/29/13
to opensca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jozef,

We have already ditched Openscales in favor for your ycanvas and are very happy with the results sofar (much better performance than openscales especially when having to draw a lot of features). I would love to see Openscales get some 3D GPU acceleration though so that we can start considering it again for our future projects. I hope other people need the extra performance too so that we can improve Openscales...