NcWMS

Giil

Sep 14, 2010, 8:10:37 AM9/14/10
to openscales-dev
Hi !

I would like to use OpenScales to display Overlays from the NcWMS
(netcdf wms) server. The WMS implémentation is a little different
since it incoporates the time dimension.
How can I costomize OpenScales so i can get the images from such a
service ?
See implémentation with OpenLayers here :
http://behemoth.nerc-essc.ac.uk/ncWMS/godiva2.html

Thanks a lot !

Kyle Wilcox

Sep 14, 2010, 8:43:05 AM9/14/10
to opensca...@googlegroups.com

There are metadata requests built into NcWMS that allow you to extract time information from a particular layer.  Use Firebug (firefox addon) to track Net requests on your godiva2 client for examples.

Since NcWMS extends the WMS spec with additional parameters, you will want to create a NcWMSParams class that extends the OpenScales WMSParams class.

If you get stuck let me know, I've done lots of work with NcWMS and OpenScales.

Giil

Sep 14, 2010, 9:14:45 AM9/14/10
to openscales-dev
Thanks a lot. That´s great.
I will keep you informed.

Gilles

On Sep 14, 12:43 pm, Kyle Wilcox <wilcox.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are metadata requests built into NcWMS that allow you to extract time
> information from a particular layer.  Use Firebug (firefox addon) to track
> Net requests on your godiva2 client for examples.
>
> Since NcWMS extends the WMS spec with additional parameters, you will want
> to create a NcWMSParams class that extends the OpenScales WMSParams class.
>
> If you get stuck let me know, I've done lots of work with NcWMS and
> OpenScales.
>
> On Sep 14, 2010 8:12 AM, "Giil" <tasse.gil...@gmail.com> wrote:> Hi !
>
> > I would like to use OpenScales to display Overlays from the NcWMS
> > (netcdf wms) server. The WMS implémentation is a little different
> > since it incoporates the time dimension.
> > How can I costomize OpenScales so i can get the images from such a
> > service ?
> > See implémentation with OpenLayers here :
> >http://behemoth.nerc-essc.ac.uk/ncWMS/godiva2.html
>
> > Thanks a lot !
>
> > --
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/openscales-dev?hl=en.

Kyle Wilcox

Sep 15, 2010, 11:17:38 AM9/15/10
to opensca...@googlegroups.com
You will need three additional parameters for NcWMS: time,
colorscalerange, and elevation.

Since many WMS servers other than NcWMS support TIME and ELEVATION,
I've split them up.

I've created a WMSTParams class extending WMSParams, which adds the
time parameter.
I've created a WMSEParams class extending WMSTParams, which adds the
elevation parameter.
I've created a NcWMSParams class extending WMSEParams, which adds the
colorscalerange parameter. I chose to use the WMS 1.3.0 that is
provided by NcWMS, so I also add a CRS parameter. If you use 1.1.1,
you won't need to.

You may need to go through the code with a fine comb, but here is the
basic idea:

Add an NcWMSParams layer. It queries the NcWMS server for that layers
Metadata, based on the time and layername. This does some funky stuff
to figure out the timespan of the layer. There are bugs here! A
sample request for metadata is here:

http://testbedapps.sura.org/thredds/wms/cbofs2/Output_Avg/ocean_avg_synoptic_seg01.nc?item=layerDetails&layerName=salt&time=2010-09-14T00:00&request=GetMetadata

If the request is successful, another request is made to pull the
min/max values for the layer ("autoScale"). This request is also made
when you click on the layer on the "Layers" tab. A sample request is
here:

http://testbedapps.sura.org/thredds/wms/cbofs2/Output_Avg/ocean_avg_synoptic_seg01.nc?item=minmax&layers=salt&time=2003-06-16T12:00&request=GetMetadata&width=50&height=50&crs=EPSG:4326&bbox=-81.38,33.18,-70.62,42.82

Here is a sample app: http://staging.asascience.com/flexclients/NcWMSExample/

1.) Expand the "NcWMS Examples" tree and click on the "CBOFS2 Salinity" layer.
2.) Click on the "Layer Styling" button and scroll down to the bottom.
3.) Click calendar's back button until *JUNE 2003*. Lots of clicks.
You will see some dates appear to be clickable at this point. Click
on a date. Another request will be made to get the available times at
that date. A combo box will appear below the calendar widget (you may
have to scroll down). Sample request to get the times associated with
a date:

http://testbedapps.sura.org/thredds/wms/cbofs2/Output_Avg/ocean_avg_synoptic_seg01.nc?day=2003-06-16T00:00:00Z&item=timesteps&layerName=salt&request=GetMetadata

The timeslider will automatically update and you should see an image.

NcWMSParams.zip

eddie dehmous

Aug 17, 2017, 10:33:46 AM8/17/17
to openscales-dev
hello every body ,

i am looking for an interpolation option in ncwms , i get blurring plots . in geoserver for example there is three interpolation options to make the plots smooth ,BICUBIC ,BILINEAR and NEARSt NEIGHtBORS .

so how to achieve that in ncwms , is this option available ?

thank you very much

eddie dehmous

Aug 17, 2017, 10:33:46 AM8/17/17
to openscales-dev
hello every body ,

I am looking to make the plots more smoother in ncwms by doing interpolation, like in geoserver.

is there this option in ncWMS ?

thank you in advance