Integrated machine learning and business rules approach with open rules

deva reddy

Apr 9, 2016, 11:56:00 AM4/9/16
to OpenRules
Hi,

Any example with WEKA or any other ML tool for machine learning and business rules approach with open rules

-D

OpenRules Support

Apr 9, 2016, 12:16:04 PM4/9/16
to open...@googlegroups.com

Rule Learner is not included (yet) in the standard open source distribution. But it is used by our consulting for example for IRS

OpenRules Support

sup...@openrules.com

deva reddy

Apr 9, 2016, 1:09:59 PM4/9/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Any approach document using open rules with WEKA is available?
We want to perform R&D over this approach.

-D

OpenRules Support

Apr 9, 2016, 1:27:44 PM4/9/16
to open...@googlegroups.com

Please check out all links at the top of this page: http://openrules.com/rulelearner.htm

They contains quite detailed information.

Denes

May 18, 2016, 9:53:47 AM5/18/16
to OpenRules, sup...@openrules.com
Hello,

I would like to know when it is going to be part of the OSS distribution.

Also, if it is not part of that, what package/license is it part of, and is there a way to evaluate it without shelling out $3000-9000-more for a commercial license.

Thanks
Denes

ps: frankly, I am about to jump into Drools or Openrules and would prefer Openrules because of the ML. My project is a tiny, non-profit automation project with about 100-200 values (sensors) with very few "goals" and it would be interesting to see how ML could tackle the problem. I cannot justify a commercial license but cannot figure which option can give me the ML part of Openrules.

OpenRules

May 18, 2016, 10:01:32 AM5/18/16
to open...@googlegroups.com

Denes,

You do not have to wait or pay anything: send us your data with a brief description of what you want to achieve and we will try to apply Rule Learner to it. If successful, we will provide you with all necessary software, so you can continue to do it yourself.

sup...@openrules.com

deva reddy

May 18, 2016, 10:32:53 AM5/18/16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I already shared data with rules and description.
If needed will share it again.
Please share the necessary rule learner  software.
-D

support

May 18, 2016, 10:48:36 AM5/18/16
to OpenRules
We've just checked that previously you sent us a decision project that worked just fine with a basic OpenRules Engine. Now you are talking about "a tiny, non-profit automation project with about 100-200 values (sensors) with very few "goals" and it would be interesting to see how ML could tackle the problem." Send it to us to analyze how Rule Learner can be applied to your problem.

Denes

May 18, 2016, 8:02:45 PM5/18/16
to OpenRules
Hello,

I think you confused me with "Deva Reddy".  I haven't sent anything to you. :)

Cheers
Denes

Denes

May 20, 2016, 7:29:11 PM5/20/16
to OpenRules, openru...@gmail.com
Hello,

Is there a way to access the rule learner and its documentation?

I am sorry, but it is really confusing. The site is talking about it. Here you state it that it is not part of the package, but if I send data and project details you can send it to me.

If there is a fee; fine. I cannot share my data and would like to evaluate it myself whether it works for me or not.

It that's not possible, please let me know and I look elsewhere (or try to work with Weka directly)

Thank you
Denes

support

May 20, 2016, 7:49:48 PM5/20/16
to OpenRules, openru...@gmail.com
Sorry, but Rule Learner is the only component of OpenRules that has not been productized yet. So, its use is usually accompanied by our consulting services, and we do have quite successful customer stories. We are working on the production release of Rule Learner that will be accompanied by documentation and use cases. However, so far it is not our highest development priority. So, as you cannot share your data and you do not want our help (offered to you for free), we recommend you to use Weka directly.

Denes

May 20, 2016, 9:02:01 PM5/20/16
to OpenRules, openru...@gmail.com
OK,