All Rules fail if on Rules sheet is wrong

Diwakar Kuruba

May 22, 2019, 7:23:15 PM5/22/19
to OpenRules
Hi,

We have a requirement that if one of the rules sheet is having invalid conditions/data/format/syntax then it should ignore that sheet and run remaining rules.

We have one mainConfig.xls file which includes all the other actual rules sheet.
If OpenRule have any properties which can be set to ignore that wrong sheet, that will really help us.

We use Java to run Rules.

-br
Diwakar Kuruba

OpenRules Support

May 22, 2019, 7:26:28 PM5/22/19
to OpenRules

Diwakar,

If one of your decision tables produces a syntax error, your project would not be built. So, it cannot be skipped, you need to fix the error before executing the project. However, if you are aware of the error, you may temporarily replace this table with a stub-table with the same name but that does nothing. It will be executed but it will have no effect to the final results (in a way it will be skipped). If you are not satisfied with this advice, provide us with your concrete table and the errors you want to ignore, and we will think if it’s possible to do it.

Support

sup...@openrules.com

May 22, 2019, 8:14:59 PM5/22/19
to open...@googlegroups.com
Diwakar,

Compare this with a situation when some method in your Java class has a syntax error. You have to fix the error or to replace this method with a temporary stub until you fix it. Otherwise, this entire class would not be compiled and thus it can be used in run-time. Here is almost the same situation. So, this is not a reasonable requirement. If we misunderstand you, please show us your "invalid" rules sheet, and clarify.