class not found error for MariaDB driver

Ajaya Jose

Aug 10, 2018, 3:33:35 PM8/10/18
to OpenRules

Hi,

I am getting following error during run time, java file attached for reference. maria-db jar file is already set at the class path.
Kindly support.

[java] *** Decision DetermineCustomerGreeting ***
     [java] Decision has been initialized
     [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/mariadb/jdbc/Driver
     [java]     at hello.TestDB$OpenRulesDbEnv.<init>(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at hello.TestDB.<init>(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at hello.Main.main(Unknown Source)
     [java] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver
     [java]     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
     [java]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
     [java]     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:335)
     [java]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
TestDB.java

OpenRules

Aug 10, 2018, 4:31:57 PM8/10/18
to open...@googlegroups.com
Jose,
We don't recommend you to use the DBUtil interface. It was contributed long time ago by one of our customers and was used only as a very simple example for accessing database tables using the old JDBC. We recommend you to switch to the latest JDK9 and JDBC 4.3 API or any 3rd party DB-Java interface. It is really up to you which tool to use to get data from a DB, save them in Java objects, and then supply them to OpenRules for decision making.
Support

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 3:33 PM, Ajaya Jose <ajay...@gmail.com> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (ajay...@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info