python buildpack questions

Scott Robertson

Mar 31, 2013, 10:17:48 PM3/31/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hey gang, anyone successfully push a python based app to an openruko setup?

I get this error when I push:

fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: fata
error: error in sideband demultiplexer
To g...@mymachine.me:lala.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'g...@mymachine.me:lala.git'

Poking around it looks like the python buildback deletes everything under /app while building the python app which corrupts the empty git repo.

Maxence

Apr 1, 2013, 5:07:09 AM4/1/13
to Scott Robertson, openruko
Hi scott,

I haven't play with openruko much this time, but what I remember :
  - I did launch python process inside a container, ie 'python -m SimpleHTTPServer $PORT' (don't do this for a production system, this is slow)
 - I think i made some python system working with dependencies, but not sur about that
 - There was frequent error in the demultiplexer, but most of time everything was working fine. You can find some bugs report about that. https://github.com/openruko/gitmouth/issues/7

Max"

Maxence

Scott Robertson

Apr 1, 2013, 9:53:01 AM4/1/13
to open...@googlegroups.com, Scott Robertson, max...@maxired.fr
Python running in the container is fine, it's the slug compilation phase that's borked.

I'm not sure it's related to issue 7, as I am running the code that's mentioned in that ticket and it seems to only happen with python apps, node apps work fine.

I created a new ticket with steps to reproduce.

Scott Robertson

Apr 1, 2013, 10:09:53 AM4/1/13
to open...@googlegroups.com, Scott Robertson, max...@maxired.fr
fyi here's the issue with steps to reproduce:

--
-- Scott

"There was a time when the internet answered all my questions. Now it just repeats them. - SDR"